THE SADNESS OF THE LITTLE SPARROW by Jim Yates
JULY 25-30, 2016 ¦ Smock Alley Theatre’s Main Space
“I want to make people cry even when they don’t understand my words.”
Famous French singer Édith Piaf is doomed to spend eternity in a pink-tinted purgatory with the likes of Oscar Wilde, Jim Morrison, Chopin, Alfred de Musset and other famous luminaries.
From her dressing room at the Comédie Francaise, she takes the audience with her to relive her earthly journey with all its pain, sorrow, joy, success and many love affairs…
The Sadness of The Little Sparrow is a one act, one woman play written by Jim Yates. It has a running length of 55 mins, without interval. It premiered in the Main Space of the Smock Alley Theatre on July 25th, 2016. The Sadness of the Little Sparrow is adapted from Jim Yates’ novel Oh! Père Lachaise.
Cast & Crew:
- Written & Produced by Jim Yates
- Directed by Stella Godmet
- Performed by Nathalie Clement
- Voice-Over by Conor Duffy
- Stage & Set Manager: Ciara Nolan
- Lighting Designer: Eoin Lennon
- Sound Technician: Jody Kelly White
- Graphic Design: Eamon Godmet
The Sadness of The Little Sparrow ¦ Smock Alley Theatre ¦ July 25th to July 30th, 2016